The meeting held chairmanship of Senator Mir Muhammad Yousuf Badini informed the Senate Standing Committee on Privatization that the government had removed 14 State Owned Enterprises (SOEs) from the list of privatization including:
- Pakistan International Airlines
- Pakistan Railways
- Pakistan Steels Mills
- National Bank of Pakistan
- Pakistan State Oil Company
- Sui Northern Gas Pipeline
- Sui Southern Gas Pipeline
- Civil Aviation Authority
- National Highway Authority
- National Logistic Company
- Trading Corporation of Pakistan
- Printing Corporation of Pakistan
- Utility Stores
- Industrial Development Bank.
Furthermore, the government would privatize eight SOEs on priority which include:
- SME Bank
- First Women Bank
- Haveli Bahadur Power Plant
- Parri Petroleum
- Lakhra Coal Mines
- Services International Hotel Lahore
- Jinnah Convention Center Islamabad.
The meeting was also briefed in detail about the process of privatization of K Electric.
The meeting was attended by Senators Farooq H Naik, Rubina Khalid, Abida Muhammad Azeem, Secretary Privatization Commission Rizwan Malik, and other officials.